Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Do more in 24.

 Very catchy and original phrase.  👌.  

I'm sitting here pondering my plans on Chester river boat trip. I mentioned this idea a few years ago. I keep coming back to it. I keep telling myself this is the year.  I should plan it for April or May before crabbing season gets into full swing.  I'm only figuring a single overnight trip, bit I'll be packed and supplied enough for a 2 night trip.  I will obviously take fishing gear and target some blue cats and pertch.  I'm wondering if I should take 30 net ring traps and sample crab areas as I explore my way around. It would be early season so I'd likely find at least a few over winter crabs . 

I mean what else is there to do on a extended trip ?  I don't like to just ride wide open .  So I'll be considering the crab idea. Definitely taking a few catfish rods and bait.  I'll anchor upon a shoreline for overnight and cast out a few baits and see what happens.  

Next boat topic. I see fisherman and crabbers getting many views on their YouTube videos.  Seems people like to watch these videos.  I'd like to make a few of crabbing,  fishing, eel potting, setting my hoopnets and retrieving them and maybe setting my fish trotline .   Making the video is easy enough. posting is also easy. I'll do a few and see what happens.   Also boat ramps.  I was thinking a series of videos on some boat launches showing the ramp, dock etc.  Boat ride and exploring would make a good video also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment