Sunday, November 5, 2023

A few weeks changes everything.

Nov. 5th 2023

 After my negative thoughts about job at laundromat post things changed.  The woman was in negotiations to sell the place same time I applied.  That's why she didn't respond to me. I actually talked with her in person the day of settlement.  She's a very nice lady and explained things to me. She passed my job application to new owner.  I also had mentioned nonchalantly to the owner of my.gym I was seeking a winter job.  So you guessed it. They both contacted me a day apart.  Originally I was going to take both jobs and juggle the shifts. After some thought I opted to pass on the laundromat job and take the position at the gym. 

The job is basic enough,  front desk clerk.  Check people in when they enter , update payments, wipe down cardio machines, etc.  I report at 0430  do the morning routine then open gym for business at 5am. Yeah, nice early hours just like commercial crabbing.  Wake up for me is 0345 . 

The sweet part is I get to parking lot early , have a coffee while waiting for 430 so I can enter. I have a code for front door but I don't want to enter any earlier then suppose to.  Once inside I have my very own bath room for morning routine.  As a vanner this is GOLDEN !!!!!  I do the assigned tasks pre opening.  Basic shit, check paper towels,  squirt cleaner into toilets, wipe mirror and sinks. Both male and female bathrooms 🚻.  10 mins. Turn on music for weight room, lights,  check towels and paper cups in weight room ✔️  . Upfront of gym, turn on the multiple TV sets, lights unlock front doors. BAM !  Ready for business 💪.  There's a few more chores throughout the 5 hour shift but again, very basic stuff. The rest of the time I'm forced to look at very attractive women whom are dressed in spandex .  😁

I'm also back in to the auction hustle. I just bid on and  won many nice items from an online estate auction.  👌.  I'm gonna post on Face Crook mkt. and sell along with word of mouth and of course direct contact with the lovely women I meet at my place of employment. 

  The buy and sell auction hustle is a lot easier these days with a smart phone in everyone's hand. I was buying and selling at flea market level before we had the giggle button . I kinda had to know the mkt. back then . Now I can see items that are interesting and just search online for price comps. BAM !!! Easy peasy. 

 I drive my van as a daily driver. I park at my gym when using the gym and have been since I bought my roadtrek. I don't live on the lot.  Before that I lived in my white Ford cargo van and parked that same place while using the gym.  I think a few people have figured out the van is my house.  I park out and away from gym front doors, mainly to keep cars from dinging me.  I really don't care who knows my deal but I don't advertise it.   Funny story,I was doing laundry 2 weeks ago . Lady who also was doing laundry   asked me point blank " do you live in your camper van " . I smiled and said Yes I do, for 13 years now. She's into the tiny house thing on TV.  

Years ago there was a guy in my gym who was a van dweller.  He parked his van behind a gas station a quarter mile from gym . Never moved it.  It was parked in plain sight on a very busy corner. No one ever noticed what he was up to. He had permission from gas station,  that's all he needed.  We'll my buddy knew Tom, I didn't. We all belonged to same gym. My buddy was telling many people about Tom's set up, unbeknownst to Tom . Remember this is before it hit YouTube and became trendy. Flip phones were still the thing.  Tom was a private kind of guy but friendly.  

I started considering doing the van house thing after I learned of Tom . I was a long haul trucker for 15 years. Before that I was an Army paratrooper in the infantry.  I was  made for van dwelling.   So I started researching on my old dial up desk top computer.  Wasn't much to read back then on van dwelling.  This was probably about 2004 .  I ran across a few cool blogs and started following them.  Hey Chris Harne 🖐  . Well back to my original thought.  Lots of people knew about Tom and his van set up.  He remarked to me " man I been doi g this shit for years and NOBODY knows . " I informed him I've known for a few years and lots of people know thanks to our friend Kenny.  He wasn't amused.  So I wonder how many people over on that side of town know my set up . 🫢 No worries 👍 

So this little job is made to order for me, and the auction hustle is also a worthwhile venture.  

 August of 2011 I started this van life. I do not want to own a house again.  I fell for that scheme once, that's enough. 💯 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment