Thursday, November 16, 2023

Van dwelling/New job.

New job is going well.  The early start time will keep me tuned up for next years crabbing season.  3:45 am.  

Had a tree limb  reak out a window a few weeks ago. One of the 3 roof windows.  I still haven't replaced it.  Lazy.  Duct tape for now. 

Bought a bunch of stuff from online estate auction.  Still listing and trying to sell.  

Thinking of setting out 4 hoop nets soon. Give them a 7 or 8 day soak and hopefully catch some catfish.  

Put my Mr. Buddy Heater in van today.  Will be needing it soon. 

Letters on a screen.  Words. Thoughts. Sentences.  


Thinking of video recording boat stuff. Crabbing,  eeling and setting hoop nets.  There's plenty of videos on trotlining but not much on running net rings or topless traps.  I'm figuring take the video as a "ride along " type .  Some pointers on using the gear and showing  the catch .  I posted a video showing one eel pot and the catch. It had 3, 2 lb eels in trap. YouTube posted it in shorts format and it got 2400 views overnight.  I have about 3 followers so this was a surprise amount of interest.  So  I got to thinking about a ride along type format. Every trip out, Crabbing,  eeling or hoops I'll just record as it happens and post up the highlights.  No editing or fancy stuff.  I need to find a head mount for phone. The one I bought from Amazon points the camera too high .  I see how many views these Crabbing and fishing  videos get and I'm surprised.  Eels, bushel of crabs, 60 net rings stacked in rubbermaid, for catching crabs, and dirty eel pots going back to get cleaned. 





No comments:

Post a Comment